P.S. if the font is too small for you, plz zoom in the browser’s screen for a clearer reading.
Blackberries are getting very popular lately, lots of great apps and social networking capabilities. but that’s not the case if you’re living in Saudi Arabia.
This all started when i bought the BlackBerry torch, I used my SIM card provided by “Mobily” and I was shocked that most of the vital services aren’t working, so i sent a “compliant e-mail” to Mobily’s Support.
A replay came a week after saying “everything is taking care of, our beloved customer” but there was not even a 1% change in the services, that felt like a lil slap that pushed me a bit forward and then i decided .. a blog!
I don’t wanna make this a boring post, so i’ll cut to the chase and share the defects that i’m facing.
- Social Networking apps like Facebook, Twitter are fully not working “don’t even start”. as a result the social feeds app.
- BB Podcasts isn’t working “not even the icon shows”.
- BB Maps isn’t working “not even the icon shows”.
- AppWorld application isn’t working “access denied”.
Off-course I end up calling the “Call centers” to ask for support and help, but the staff had no clues at all and adviced me to simply “try again” or “pull the battery”. one of the operators once said “ahh ,, sir ,, the same thing happened with my IPhone, but i tried it again and it’s working now”. Another one said smartly “ya know, bb maps is working on my BB bold, how about you install the bold device software on your BB Torch” !!, i don’t know how far this idiotic answers can stretch to. The services aren’t activated, and i know it can be fixed. But here’s the point, some of us just “accept” whatever the company says and act according to it, and some are even glad with only BBM in there devices.
well, … i’m not.
I’ve done a lil research about the whole thing and this is what i found out.
- In Saudi Arabia, SR99 at “Mobily” will get you a month subscription, 1GB of internet browsing, BBM and mails, but no appworld app access,no BB Maps app running, no social networking apps working.
- In UAE, SR99 will get you a month subscription with the services working and 10GB for internet browsing. it’s nice to note here that Etisalat and Mobily are the same company, with different subscription plans for Saudis.
- In Egypt, (also Etisalat) SR51.75 will get you a month of working services and unlimited internet browsing.
- In Indonesia, SR21.15 will get you a month of working services and unlimited internet browsing.
- and finally, Mobily didn’t even updated a “Device software” download link for the torch yet !! check =>”https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=AF5D5EF24881F3C3049A7B9BFE74D58B“
Until when this low level of awareness will keep us easy victims to such low standards. When I bought the BB torch, I was hoping for all the services I heard about and saw in the marketing campaigns, I don’t even know if “RIM” knows about this. I don’t know if “Mobily” is willing to fix any of that. and I really wonder how the contract of Providing the blackberry services have been signed and approved with this big portion of services being not recognized or working or even explained in Mobily’s packages advertises.
I wrote this post to share it with Blackberry,Mobily and the Customers of those services.
Blackberry “RIM”: Do you know about this?. not making sure that your services are working and provided properly, and signing the contracts, way to go for a “customers-increase” plan.
Mobily: let alone the low amount of GB you’re providing, the high amount of cash your sucking, and the poor network coverage, but can’t you even meet the standards and get everything working?.
Finally, the customers, you sure are felling how unfair this whole situation is, will YOU stay loyal, or should you join the android or iPhone communities.
On behalf of myself and other Saudi blackberry users, we want to say that blackberry is a great device, a great tool, but it lacks so much in Saudi Arabia, therefore, we’re demanding instant correction acts and fixes, want all of the services that we heard and paid for “fully working”. Social Feeds apps, BB maps, BB podcast, Appworld Access. We need RIM and the cellphone providers here in Saudi Arabia to reevaluate decisions and force changes and respect us as valuable customers. and off-course we want an increase in the downloading amount in our subscriptions, an unlimited package like the rest of the world would be a sweet compensation. Oh and, “with no increase in fees! As it’s already high”
I wonder, is anyone facing similar problems with STC and Zain?, are you satisfied with the points i mentioned up there?, Do you want unlimited download plans?, Do you want the other services “apps”?, Share us with your thoughts, comment and vote, thank you all for your valuable time and input. ^^